I get asked how to eat healthier all the time! The best thing to do is keep it simple. Here are some of my favorite tips to keep in mind!
- Eat the rainbow – how many colors of foods are on your plate? Simple way to get variety in!
- Buy produce from a local farmer’s market – Not only are you eating healthier but supporting local farmers
- Buy seasonal fruits and veggies – another great way to get variety and try different foods
- Incorporate more complex carbohydrates like brown rice and quinoa
- Try cooking at home instead of ordering takeout – You have more control over what goes into your food if you’re cooking it
- Drink a glass of water after every meal
- Have snacks and takeout in moderation – It’s all about balance. You don’t have to stop eating your favorite snacks or takeout altogether. Just be more mindful on how frequently you eat them!
- Out of sight, out of mind! If there are certain snacks you overeat, then try not having them in the house. If they’re not there, then you can eat them!
- Incorporate a multivitamin! A multivitamin will help you get any vitamins you’re not getting from food. Please check with your doctor before taking any supplements.