I am a huge fan of self-help/self-improvement books, and I wanted to share the books that have changed my life.
1. The Four Agreements – This book was recommended to me a few years ago by my mentor who has helped me tremendously. Ever since then, I have recommended this book to so many of my clients and friends and refer to it all the time. It is a short and easy read, yet its teachings are so profound. Don Miguel Ruiz talks about the four agreements we must make to live a free and happy life.
2. You Are A Bad Ass: How To Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living An Awesome Life – Jen Sincero does an absolutely amazing job incorporating her real life examples into each of the lessons, making it relatable and easier to understand. It is not only informational but amusing! These bite sized chapters get straight to the point on how you can unlock all this bad ass potential within you and live the life of your dreams.
3. The Alchemist – I recently read this book a few months ago. I had heard about it from so many different people and figured it was time to read it. The moment I started reading, I fell in love with the story. Paul Coelho creates a beautifully written tale sewn with important life lessons which all of us can relate to. I plan on reading it again and again, so I know I have covered everything. Sometimes we can interpret things differently or understand it better having it read it more than once. I also plan on reading more of this work.
4. #FutureBoards – One of my dear clients let me borrow this book and ended up gifting it to me, and I am so happy and blessed she did! Sarah Centrella adds her spin to the traditional vision board including how to brainstorm ideas, create a board, and ways to stay in that manifesting mindset. I love how she calls them future boards – it makes it more specific by saying this is what will happen in your future. I loved the book so much I also joined her online coaching circle where I meet once a week with her and awesome, sweet, and like-minded women!
5. Healing Bodies Healing Souls: Tools For Transformation – This book was written by my amazing friend and mentor Diane Gysin. I remember first seeing Diane for life coaching a few years ago when I was going through a confusing and tough time. She has transformed my life, and her book has done the same. She goes through many aspects of spirituality, becoming more in tune with oneself, and creating your success story. I read it during quarantine, and it gave me a boost of healing energy and motivation I needed.
6. To Sell Is Human – This book was recommended to me when I first started out as a trainer. It is a strange concept to pick up at first – the idea that selling is what we all do, regardless of our profession. Daniel Pink talks about how selling is more than just selling a product. It can also be about convincing and persuading someone to see your point of view or do something for you. I thought it was insightful because we have interactions like this all the time. We are always “selling,” and it is about embracing human qualities and connections that makes you great at selling.
7. Vibrate Higher Daily: Live Your Power – I would see Lalah Delia’s quotes all over Instagram and loved them so much, I had to get her book! My friends and I read her book as part of our virtual book club in the beginning of quarantine! She discusses how we as individuals as well as everyone and everything around us give off vibrations. By sending high vibrations and taking care of ourselves, we can unlock our true potential and power. This is a great read especially in a time like this, where we are being challenged and may need the extra tools to love ourselves and others and keep our spirits (or vibrations) high.
I hope you enjoyed my book recommendations and get a chance to read them! I have applied these lessons from these books to my life and work.